The 14-Days Zespri Kiwifruit challenge has been an incredible experience. It’s definitely fuss-free to incorporate kiwi into your daily meal as they goes well with almost anything! Even when we can’t think of what to pair Zespri Kiwifruit with, the best way to enjoy is still the old way: “Cut, Scoop, Slurp!”
Before we adjourn to the little stories we’re gonna tell, please spend a little time to read the Healthy Facts below:
10 Amazing Healthy Fact about Kiwifruit
1. Bursting with twice as much Vitamin C compared to oranges and just one Zespri® Kiwifruit meets your daily Vitamin C requirements.
2. A natural source of dietary fibre for a healthy digestive system.
3. Great low fat natural source of Vitamin E, which is well known for its heart health and antioxidant properties.
4. High content of bioavailable antioxidants (Vitamins C & E, polyphenols, carotenoids, etc) to help fight damage caused by free radicals in the body.
5. Excellent for digestion with the presence of actinidin, a unique enzyme that helps break down protein.
6. A source of potassium that is essential for every cell in the body. A 2-piece Zespri® Kiwifruit serving provides about 10% of your daily potassium needs, as much as a banana, but with less calories.
7. A source of folate – a vital need for pregnant ladies for the development of genetic material in a fetus.
8. Low in calories but full of essential nutrients – a great tool for weight management.
9. Low in Glycemic Index (GI) that does not increase blood sugar rapidly – ideal for diabetics.
10. Helps improve the function of your immune system.
And much more!
Throughout this 14 days journey, we’ve sorta become less boring when it comes to handling kiwifruit. Haha, though not very creative but still, we really enjoyed the ways of enjoying kiwis together with our meals.
Read on how/ what we felt after consuming Kiwi consecutively for a week
Throughtout 14-days of consuming Zespri Kiwifruit:
#1 We learn to Differentiate & Appreciate
The different variants of kiwi each bags a different taste and of course outlook.
Green, Sun Gold & Gold. Which would be your favourite?
We pick Sun Gold!!
#2 We learn to eat Kiwi Breakfast
With the best vitamins you could get every early morning, what’s not to love?
Nutritious & Natural
#3 We learn that Kiwi can be used in cooking – so much recipe to follow & create!
Be it meat tenderizers, side dishes or even pastries, this is one superfruit to use
Click below for these recipes:
- Sweet & Sour Pork with Zespri Kiwi (Zespri 咕嚕肉)
- Zespri Sun Gold Kiwi Custard Tart
- Zespri Green & Gold Kiwifruit Yoghurt Muffins
#4 We felt better!
Antioxidants, immune system booster, improves digestion & bowel movement!
Yes, it’s so easy to eat kiwi and get the most benefits out of it.
Though this challenge has ended, we would still be continuing this healthy practice as Zespri kiwifruit doesn’t only offer a juicy refreshing moment but much more. Maybe you should give it a try and discover the difference for yourself!
For more infos, healthy facts, recipes, please visit http://zespri.com.my/
3 Replies to “An Amazing Journey with Zespri Kiwifruit”
This research is the first of its kind to demonstrate the effectiveness of a food source of vitamin C in achieving and maintaining optimal vitamin C levels compared to a supplement, one of the most commonly consumed vitamin supplements.
Talk about a fruit packing a punch in taste and vitamins. Kiwi fruit is a rich source of vitamin C and is high in potassium. By comparison it’s content is less than a banana’s, but you’d eat more anyway. It also contains vitamins A and E. The skin is a good source of flavonoid antioxidants as well. Didn’t I say to eat the skin?
Kiwifruit is a rich source of vitamin C (1.5 times the United States DRI per 100 grams) and vitamin K , and a good source of dietary fiber and vitamin E .