Time another Kiwi Pastry again!
This little kiwi is such a motivator!
Today we would love to share what you can do with some Sun Gold Kiwis!
Zespri Sun Gold Kiwi Custard Tart!
**Makes 6 to 8 servings
Ingredients for Crust:
– 1 1/4 cups flour
– 4oz (1/2 cup) coconut oil, chilled & cubed (or dairy-free butter)
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
– 2 – 3 tablespoon chilled water
Directions for Crust:
– Combine flour, coconut oil, salt, sugar and nutmeg in a food processor
– Pulse until well incorporated
– Add apple cider vinegar
– Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until dough forms
– Alternatively, mix ingredients by hand, adding water once the dough has a crumbly texture
– Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or as long as 24 hours
– Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick, and press into a (8” – 10”) tart pan. (** or you can use those individual mini tart tin like us)
– Puncture the dough with fork multiple times to prevent bubbling
– Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12 – 15 minutes, until lightly golden
Custard and Tart:
– 2-3 tablespoons of cornstarch
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 tablespoon lemon
– 1/2 cup dairy-free creamer
– 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk (or more if your custard is too thick)
– Pinch of salt
– 5 sun gold kiwis, peeled and sliced
– Mix custard powder with 3 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon sugar and lemon juice
– Whisk well to remove any lumps, and ensure that the mixture is smooth
– Heat the remaining milk and creamer in a saucepan over medium heat, almost to a boil
– Remove saucepan from heat and add the custard mixture, stir to prevent lumps
– Return the saucepan to the stove, lower heat and bring to a gentle boil, stir continuously as the custard thickens, about 3 – 5 minutes (add a little bit more milk if custard is too thick)
– Allow the custard to cool for at least 30 minutes
– Gently pour or spoon custard into the pre-baked crust and smooth top with a knife or spreader
– Arrange kiwi slices on top of the tart, letting them overlap slightly
– Serve and enjoy!
Ta-Da! There you have it!
Sorry that it looked a lil’ ugly *haha*
But we had yummy kiwi tarts in the end! Yay!
We are loving kiwi even more now. Guess we would have withdrawal symptoms after this challenge 😛
Feel free to visit www.zespri.com.my for more of their recipes and nutrition infos 😀
Meanwhile, happy baking!