When there are lecture free days….
When you are tired drenching yourself with knotty, tedious and long-winded journals…..
When you wanna find an excuse to run off from generating words to write the intro for thesis…..
When the BF is out working…..
What’s best to kill time?
Being a noob in baking, I called AiWei back home for help ;P Thanks gal.
Japanese Cottony Cheese Cake
Followed her adapted recipe below:
250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
100ml Fresh Milk
60g Superfine Flour (top or cake flor)
6 Egg Yolks
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
¼ tsp Salt
6 Egg Whites
¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
140g Fine Granulated Sugar
1. Melt (A) in double boiler and cool the mixture until room temperature.
2. Fold in (B) and mix well
3. Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy and then add in sugar and whisk until soft peaks form. Fold in half of the (C) into the mixture and mix well. Then add in the other half and mix them evenly.
4. Pour the mixture in 8 inches round cake pan (lightly grease and line the bottom and side of the pan with greaseproof paper).
5. Finally, bake in water bath for 1 hour 10 minutes or until set or golden brown at 160 °C.
Soft, fluffy and cheesy 🙂
However, mine still doesn’t stand out impressively as AiWei’s. HaHa.
KC and Jean then came up with an idea of utilizing the cream cheese for another simple recipe.
Strawberry Cheese Tarts were just irresistible and easily managed!
Strawberry Cheese Tarts
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Dessert Base
- Strawberry Jam
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Beat the cream cheese with mixer.
3. Fill in beaten cheese into the dessert base.
4. Layer some Strawberry Jam in the middle of the tart
5. Bake the tarts at 180 degree for about 15 minutes.
Ta-Da! As easy as that 🙂
You can opt to layer some fresh strawberries on top. Decorate it to suite your likings.
For recipe on Blueberry Cheese Tarts and the making of the dessert base (we used the pre-packed ones from Hoppers in this case), please visit:
10 Replies to “Cheesy Bakes”
wow! cotton cheese cake is very difficult to make, me thinks. and you did a good job there!
hmmm, must try out this weekend already! 🙂 hehehe…
dear i want some..make sure u make it for me when ur back k..*thick skin*
wow! dear, geng lerrrr!
i wanna try urs too! just can’t wait!
check out my blog, have something for u 😛
Let me see your cakes when you’ve tried k!?
I’ve gotta practice more to enhance its ‘appearance’ and texture tho… ;P
sure I will!! no thick skin la.. haha
Missin’ u guys! Been out for lotsa makan makan lately?
thanks to you!!
Truly speaking, Yours are way better lo! ;P
But mine…. also not bad la.. haha
Will try out your blueberry cheese tart one day 🙂
OK.. gonna check out your blog right away 🙂 A surprise for me??
i am the lucky one. So proud to say that i have tried ur cotton cheese cake!! It tasted very nice!!!! Absolutely yummylicious!That night i just ate one small small piece =(
I want more!!!
The cheese tarts are so sinfully delicious ~~~
japanese cheese cake! light and less-guilt. can eat the whole slab without worry. muahaha ….
hahahaha wow! must be fun! baking as alsa as a sress release.
really nice?? haha…. thx thx.. next time make for u again k? hope it’ll turn out better 🙂
u could try baking yourself. It’s simple yet delicious 🙂
you r so right about it. Less guilt definitely!! 🙂
Can have more of it. haha.
yea… stress release remedy. Do they look appealing enuf? haha. Really can’t be compared to you guy’s professional baking 🙂
Wish I can bake.