Everyone needs a little sweet indulgence from time to time. Or, overindulgence perhaps. Enter the Chocolate Finesse on the 38th floor of Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur!
This special sweets-focused chocolate session only happens on weekends and for the month of April. The all-you-can-indulge-in buffet is a dream for anyone with a sweet tooth, featuring all things chocolate! Promising to deliver new culinary innovations to Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, Executive Chef Rolf Knecht and his team at THIRTY8 came up with this grandiose plan to further elevate High On Sugar by making chocolate the star of this buffet using chocolates sourced from around the world including Malaysia, Belgium and his home country, Switzerland.
HIGH ON SUGAR – CHOCOLATE FINESSE
Date : 1 – 30 April 2019
Day : Every Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays
Time : Noon – 5:00 PM
Price : MYR 160 nett (Adult) ǀ MYR 80 nett (Child)
**Prices quoted are inclusive of 10% service charge and 6% Sales and Services Tax (SST).
Inclusive of free flow of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and chocolate smoothies
- Assorted Cakes:
- Pahang chocolate banana cake
- Spiced Pahang chocolate gateau
- Belgium hazelnut milk chocolate cake
- Swiss white chocolate raspberry cake
Chocolate Tasting Counter:
A variety of local and imported chocolates and freshly baked brownies made from different variation of chocolates
Aspired to create an educational culinary experience, interactive live stations with chef in attendance will be set up for further explanation on the history, revolution of chocolate and origins of cocoa beans. Join us at the chocolate tasting counter to enlighten your palate for a deeper
understanding on the different flavours of local & imported chocolates and freshly baked brownies.
- In the Glass:
- Traditional chocolate mousse
- Burnt traditional crème brûlée
- Burnt Pahang chocolate crème brûlée
- Tropical fruit trifle
- Gula Melaka mousse
- Compressed watermelon salad
- Assorted Pastries:
- Trio of chocolate éclair
- Burnt Swiss chocolate cheesecake
- Pineapple meringue pie
- Blueberry pie
- Mango mille-feuille
From the Freezer:
Selection of gelato from Whimsical Selection of iced chocolate shots
From the Oven:
Freshly baked chocolate lava cake
- Guilt-Free Corner:
- Swiss white chocolate praline with frozen passionfruit
- Belgium chocolate raspberry gateau
- Sugar-free chocolate mousse
- Gluten, dairy and sugar-free chocolate cake
- Bon bon jelly
Adding more highlights to the weekend affair is the extensive selection of cakes, gateaux, pies, mille-feuille, iced chocolate shots, gelatos from Whimsical and free-flow of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and chocolate smoothies. With over 40 chocolate inspired recipes, guests can anticipate
an eye-opening dining experience while expanding their chocolate knowledge.
Ala Minute Menu (Order your Savouries)!
Apart from the sweet selections, High On Sugar is renowned for offering savouries made to order. Chocolate savoury highlights for this menu include white chocolate baba ghannouj, guilt-free shake salad with salted chocolate nibs and cocoa espresso Black Angus beef meatballs.
- White chocolate baba ghannouj served with pita bread
- Guilt-free shake salad with salted chocolate nibs, quinoa, pomegranate, almonds, lettuce, feta cheese
- Cocoa espresso Black Angus beef meatballs, cocoa, coffee extract, mashed potato
- Shepherd’s pie, minced lamb, mashed potato
- Steamed sea bass, tofu, bamboo, cabbage
- Seafood dumplings, shrimps, squids, chive
- Potato puff, curry, masala
- Spring rolls, chicken, carrot, chive
- Wok-fried carrot cake, egg, seafood, chive
- Assorted dim sum
- Daily selection of assorted dim sum