Says Papa C:
No two pasta aglio e olio recipes are alike, but this one is pretty true to the classic method. The key is slowly toasting the garlic to a perfect slightly golden-brown in the olive oil. Making sure it’s infused into the oil. If it’s too light, you don’t get the full flavour and if it’s too dark it gets bitter. My advice? Do it perfectly!
In collaboration with McCormick Herbs & Spices and Chefology Nature Series!
300g of long pasta (we’re using Linguine) *we used 500g for the whole family
6 cloves of garlic (chopped or thinly sliced)
1/3cup of extra virgin olive oil
Chilli flakes (Using: McCormick Chilli Flakes)
5tsp of coarse salt (Using: McCormick Sea Salt)
3tsp of Black Pepper (Using: McCormick Black Pepper)
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water, added with olive oil, to a boil.
2. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite. If the packaging instructions says 10 mins, we cook for 9 mins – for the al dente texture!
3. Drain and transfer to a pasta bowl/ pan.
4. Add 1/3 cup of olive oil into frying pan & add in chopped garlic. Cook over low heat all the way – letting garlic infuse into the oil.
5. Cook for 5 minutes, add in some black pepper & turn off the fire.
6. Add in pasta, or the other way round.
7. Add in desirable amount of chilli flakes and parsley.
8. Mix the pasta until it’s all well coated with the oil.
9. Serve pasta!
***You may serve this aglio olio recipe in many ways!
Top it with poultry, meat and even seafood!