We’re such enthusiastic girls when it comes to organizing themed parties & the guys just have to give in and sportingly joined in the fun. Ever since our high at Cafe Stelle, we longed for our own session.
What’s fun this time again?
Alice in Wonderland Tea Party (minus the mad hatter)
#1 The Wonderland & Set-ups
Venue: Find yourself a homely wonderland
#2 The Noms-Noms
Food: obviously the main character, getting matching props would be best
Our 3 tiered homemade high tea set
Korean Kimbab by SugarBean
Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes by AiWei
Canape Combo by Chris & I
and Hailam Mee – both by KampungboyCitygal
#3 The Beverages
With matching floral tea cups, KampungboyCitygal prepared us some Ribena Longan & English teas such as Earl Grey & the English Breakfast are not to be missed!
#4 A picture speaks a thousand words
Capturing the fun we shared at the Wonderland with tittle-tattles on a weekend……
#4 Sharing corner
The Canape Combo that we made……
An adapted recipe from Imbi&Itchy
A simple and easy to prepare finger food/ snacks for high tea, the combination of Mango & Sardines churned out a unique flavour
Ingredients: (for 6 pax)
- A small size canned sardine
- 1 medium sized mango, peeled and cubed into 1/2 inches
- 3 tablespoon of mayonaise
- 12 pieces of round japanese rice cracker (plain or seaweed)
- For garnishing, a bit of chopped chili, red onions and parsley
1. To make the fruit mayo spread, place mayo & mango in a bowl and mix them well. Set aside (or you could place them in the fridge if you like it cold).
2. Remove bones from sardine. Mash the sardine flesh up with the sauces until it is all well mixed. Set aside.
3. When it is time to serve, assemble the fruit mayo at the bottom, followed by the sardine spread and lastly the garnishing.
4. Serve them immediately so that the japanese cracker will NOT get soggy.
More themed parties: